Sunday 11 March 2012

A Pleasant Amble with the Wife in Para Wirra Recreation Park - Monday 12th March 2012

On Monday, 12th March, my dear wife and I went for a three hour amble through the Para Wirra Recreation Park along the "Devil Nose" and "The Knob" walks! We started at 8am and headed clockwise! It was a beautiful morning and well worth the 4.5kms we covered.

While traversing the routes, we noted a few of the birds and I just happened to have my binoculars and my camera with me. While the birds we not in any way prolific, there was a consistent sense of bird life around us, and plenty of calls. Birds seen and heard included Crimson Rosella, Australian Magpie, Little Raven, Grey Currawong, Long-billed Corella, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo, Galah, Crescent and New Holland Honeyeaters, Striated and Buff-rumped Thornbills, Superb Fairy-wrens and stunning views of three different Scarlet Robins.


I got within ten feet of one of them and she posed quite composedly for me, allowing for a great photo opportunity! Thank you little one! Gotta be happy with these snaps!

So, the best of both worlds - birding on a beautiful day with my lovely wife with me. Happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment